Knowing thyself is the first and foremost step to the journey of development. Knowing thyself is not easy at all. I need to understand myself entirely to plan for the future. At the time of training in Teaching Apprenticeship Program, I got introduced with an online tool (16personalities) of checking the personality type of myself in detail, which helped me identify the personality traits within myself. From the test I found my personality traits as follows and got really delighted to know the trails and limitations of mine.
Truth mirrors reality and it logically follows that the best way to decipher the truth about myself is by personally observing and experiencing the reality of which I am a part. Self-knowledge is all-encompassing. What is learned on one scale of experience can be applied to all scales. It is the highest form of knowledge, surpassing all other knowledge. Self-knowledge is also timeless, which means that what is gained in one era, benefits all subsequent generations. To know thyself effectively it requires some consideration and clear understanding as I mentioned here:
- Pondering the concept of the Universe
- Pondering the planet Earth in relation to the Universe
- Pondering the necessity of the existence of my biological parents to my personal existence
- Pondering the requirements for my personal survival and for that of my species
- Pondering the relationship between my body and mind and the continual interaction between them
- Pondering the significance of my natural mental and physical reflexes
- Pondering my freedom to make personal decisions within the realm of possibility
- Pondering my astute linguistic abilities as a sentient member of the human race
- Pondering my innate desire for superiority
- Pondering my natural aversion to ignorance and my natural curiosity about reality
The all above considerations became valid when I successfully found out the answers to the questions of Who I am, What makes me happy, how I will get that happiness and what are the obstacles in the way of becoming happy. The answers of these questions have really blew my mind and kept me surprised for a while. I really haven't ever tried that hard to discover or know myself.
I really want to convey my gratitude to Prof. Dr. Yousuf Mahbubul Islam, Honorable Vice Chancellor, Daffodil International University to help me rediscover myself.
Insightful Determined and Passionate
Inspiring and Convincing Altruistic
Sensitive Always Need to Have a Cause
Extremely Private Can Burn Out Easily
For Advocates, money and Employee of the Month simply won’t cut it compared to living their values and principles. Few personality types are as sensitive and mysterious as Advocates. Their imagination and empathy make them someone who not only cherishes their integrity and deeply held principles but, unlike many other idealistic types, is also capable of turning those ideals into plans, and executing them.
I am really very grateful to Md. Feroz Mahmud, Director, HRDI, Daffodil International University to let me know the test for identifying the personality type of mine.